It’s my birthday, and I’ve decided to celebrate this year with a few gifts for my readers.
Today, the first books for each of my book series are free on Kindle in most regions (Amazon controls the regions, unfortunately, so I don’t know which ones are affected).
For those of you who aren’t familiar with each series, some quick series descriptions:
- Arcane Ascension has a heavy focus on learning and exploring how magic works and how it can be exploited. It follows Corin Cadence, the younger son of House Cadence, as he attempts to learn magic in an effort to follow the footsteps of his brother, Tristan, who disappeared into the colossal Serpent Spire five years before.
- The first book is Sufficiently Advanced Magic.
- This series is the most popular starting point, in spite of taking place last in the chronological order. Don’t worry – you can start here without any trouble understanding it if you want to.
- This series has a mix of magical school content and dungeon crawling. If you like magical schools, read this one first. If you don’t, consider one of the other series.
- This is a heavily JRPG and anime inspired narrative. Some inspirations for this series include Final Fantasy, Azure Dreams, Ys, Tower of Druaga, The Legend of Heroes, Tower of God, Bravely Default, Lufia and the Fortress of Doom, SaGa, and Hunter x Hunter.
- The War of Broken Mirrors is the most serious, and it’s written from a third-person limited perspective with multiple perspective characters. It has more political intrigue and subterfuge than the other books.
- The first book is Forging Divinity.
- Some inspirations for this series include Brandon Sanderson’s Warbreaker and the many various Forgotten Realms and Dragonlance novels. It’s generally a very “D&Dish” book series.
- The heroes are:
- Lydia, a paladin of a goddess of magic who has infiltrated the government of Orlyn, a city that claims to be able to raise mortals into gods.
- Taelien, a powerful young swordman who bears a legendary sword he cannot properly control.
- Jonan, an agent of the legendary Lady of Thieves with a talent for illusions.
- A fourth perspective is introduced in the second book, but telling you who they are would be a spoiler.
- Weapons and Wielders is the most straightforward and lighthearted series, focusing on action, comedy, and adventure. It follows Keras Selyrian, a powerful swordsman, as he searches for the Six Sacred Swords – and gets a lot more than he bargained for in the process.
- The first book is Six Sacred Swords.
- Some of the main inspirations for this series are The Legend of Zelda, Dragon Quest, and Ys. Much like Arcane Ascension, this is JRPG inspired in general, but you can think of this as being more like my action RPG franchise. It’s lighter and faster paced.
- This is the series go for if you’re looking for a character that’s powerful from the start of the story, and if you like things like tournament arcs.
I hope people enjoy the free books, but I also know what most people have been waiting for:
Arcane Ascension 3 has a title, a cover, a launch date, and it’s up for preorder.
The launch date is December 6th, 2020, so exactly three months from today. Note that this launch date is for the Kindle edition; other versions will be following later.
Thank you to all my fans for their patience with this book – I hope you love seeing the next stage in Corin’s adventures.