Finally, my first draft for Defying Destiny is done.
This book has been the most challenging work of my career. Trying to conclude a trilogy in a satisfying way is extraordinarily hard in general, and it was a challenge to switch back to a writing style similar to that of the Broken Mirrors books after working on things like Arcane Ascension. I’m much more comfortable writing in the style of Arcane Ascension now, so trying to make sure I maintained the tone and style of the original series was tricky.
I hope that people enjoy the final product when it comes out.
I’m sure my Broken Mirrors fans are wondering about the release date. I have an estimated timeline, but please bear in mind this is just an estimate.
My estimated timeline is as follows:
- About a week for self-editing.
- Sending to beta readers around June 1st.
- Getting beta reader comments back around July 1st.
- Making edits from beta reader comments until around July 15th.
- Sending to professional editor around July 15th.
- Getting professional edits back around August 15th.
- Making edits based on professional editor comments for the following two weeks.
- Hopefully done in time for a launch on September 1st.
We’ll see if I can actually make that happen. My schedules almost always tend to slip a little bit, generally at the beta reader stage. Beta readers are volunteers, and I can’t expect them to keep to a set timeline, so I expect them to often drift a little bit outside of my requested time range.
That said, I’m going to make every effort to try to get the book out by sometime in September if I can. I can’t promise anything, but that’s the goal.
Thanks to all my readers for your support and patience.
Once this is out, I’ll have more time to focus on Arcane Ascension 3 and Weapons and Wielders 2. I still haven’t made a firm choice on which one I’m going to release next; I will most likely work on both at the same time.